Sunday, September 23, 2012

Gratitude

Once upon a time I used to write down five things I was grateful for it was a good habit that I should have never stopped.  Here they are....

1. J took 2 minutes the other day when I got out of the shower and brushed the snarls out of hair.....I felt pretty special in those moments. 

2. A sweet labradoodle that never barks unless it's appropriate, she's amazing and a blessing and J rescuing her from the pound was one of the best things that has happened to us. 

3. My job....even though I babysit overgrown man children I appreciate the flexibility and casualness of the place. It's almost like I work for myself which is great considering my family. 

4. That mom taught me the basics of cooking and baking I know it makes my life easier everyday. 

5. The treadmill in my basement.....picked up for $100 from a garage sale and I foresee it being the best $100 we have ever spent. 

It makes me feel good to write those.

Now when J I fight next time (come on its going to happen) maybe I will chuck him my iPad and say here ass read this so that you do know that I appreciate you. That's a common theme in this house that no one is grateful......most of the time were really not and it's rather shameful. 

So on to my plans for the day...

I'm going to make homemade pretzels and some kind of soup well because it's Sunday and that's what I do. I'm going to jog/run sometime today. I also believe there will be movie watching this afternoon. Pretty relaxed day and those are few and far between in this house so I think I can handle it.

No comments: