Wednesday, September 26, 2012

My troop of ya-whoo's

I’m a fool….really I am…..

I’m trying to figure out how to balance my job, my kids, my hubby to be, my pets, and well myself. I just can’t seem to figure it out.  The last thing I want to do is throw J and the kids under the bus here but damnit it seems inevitable that’s it going to happen.  Maybe I just need to vent and maybe this is the appropriate venue to do so…..or maybe not because it’s a blog…..I DON”T KNOW AHHHHHHHHH! Oh well here it goes….

First and foremost, when did I become less than important than everyone else in the house?  Even the dog seems to get more consideration than I do.

So let’s examine this shall we…..

Why is it okay to bother me when I am asleep?  No one is exempt from this is my home.  J finds it disgraceful that I cannot stay awake with him to watch TV until all hours of the night. The kids could care less that I’m trying to nap.  They continue to clang and bang around and fight until I feel compelled to get up and see what is going on.  Why, why, why?  If there daddy is napping I make every grievous attempt I can to make sure that he gets the rest he needs.  This courtesy seems to never be extended to me and I know I sound like I am on a soap box here but did anyone stop to think that maybe the reason I am resting is because I’m actually tired……

If I am taking a bath why is it okay for everyone and there dog to enter said bathroom? We have two other bathrooms! I cannot even rationalize this one most days…..is everyone in my home this starved for attention that we feel compelled to come in and bother me in the 15 to 20 minutes I’m in there.  This is some of the only quiet time I get it seems that it should be viewed as sacred, am I wrong?

If I am expected to answer my cell phone because he pays the damn bill then why is it okay for him to not answer his?  I shit you not he called me one day in December 20 plus times in about an hour and ½ time frame  because I didn’t answer the phone. Then proceeded to send 10 or so not so nice text messages.  Where was I?  Outside decorating for Christmas……with the kids….oh that's right those lights and I are having a naughty affair…

Why does everyone wait until the last minute to tell me stuff?  Better yet why does everyone in my home wait until last minute to tell me stuff while I am obviously distracted?  Cooking, cleaning, tending to the pets, paying bills, tending to there daddy, tending to the kids and blah blah blah blah…..is what my day consists of.  I would be lying if I said that I am completely engaged every time they speak to me.  I just have too much going on…..

Typing this all out and thinking about all of it makes it sure sound like I live with a bunch of assholes. Honestly….I do…..but…..I love them and that is why I stay……I just don’t think it’s too much for all of us (including me cause the lord knows I am not innocent) that we start treating one another better.

I love my family…..they are hilarious insane people. I would be lost without them.  They are my troop of ya-who's and I wouldn't have it any other way.

So do you suppose I can learn to tolerate every ones weird effing behavior?  Apparently I just need to remind myself on occasion why I put up with it.   The answer to that one is simple…I do it because they all get to tolerate my weird effing behavior because were in a relationship and that relationship is a family and that’s what people do when they love one another.

I read somewhere that if people treated one another as nicely as they treated there pets than the world would be the bestest place ever.  I am inclined to believe this to be true.  I mean really think about it.  My dog lives the life….she’s waited on hand and foot….she needs food we get, she needs water we get it, she wants to go on a walk we take her, she sleeps all day (most of the time in one of our beds), she gets grandiose amounts of attention and belly rubs, she gets a pedicure and a hair cut without asking, no one cares if she gains a little weight or if her hair doesn’t look perfect…… I’m thinking that when I die I want to come back as a dog.  Can I put in a request for that?

So moral of the story is simple…..I’m abandoning my life to become a dog….KIDDING….

The true moral is that my household is a normal family experiencing normal family annoyances right along with all of the joy that surrounds us. This is the way it is because God intended it that way and I suppose I just need to learn to deal with it.

It’s tough but I think were all worth it (Yes, that sounds like a Loreal commercial but it's the truth).....

:)

No comments: