Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Double Standards

Do morals and ethical standards even exist anymore? I'm so pissed right now.....why is it if your a boy you can do whatever you want?  From your home to your work it's like this silent credo.  It makes me crazy!  If I did what I see most men do in any given day I wouldn't have a job or a place to call home. It would be quantified as me having a bad attitude.  This good ole boy attitude makes me viscerally ill.

Why is it okay for a man to be "hard" and have a challenging attitude?  If I do that I'm a bitch with a bad attitude. I just don't know if I will ever understand.  I am sickened by what my daughters are going to face while they navigate through life.  It's been hard enough for me and this isn't the dark ages so it was supposed to be easier for me and I can say safely that it hasn't been.  I just think that society has gotten better at hiding it. Truth be told you men are extremely predictable and it goes without saying.....disappointing.

Oh well....I live to muddle through another day of my so called life.

I'm still running nightly.  I took last Thursday and Friday off and that wasn't the best idea but I worked 11 hours on Thursday and H's birthday was on Friday and I had the whole birthday bash to sort out.  J helped me cook her birthday dinner (pretty awesome that he was willing to help - it makes me love him a little bit more).  She had homemade tomato basil parmesan soup (not from a can), grilled cheese, mashed potato's, and apple pie in an apple (thank you pinterest).  We watched Battleship and H had a friend stay the night.  It took us forever to orchestrate the whole thing.  I think she was happy and that made me happy so mission accomplished. Were now the parents of a child who is 17.....it makes me feel old....

We went for a hike on Sunday....I'm betting we walked 5 miles....we found the most beautiful purple rocks.  Apparently, they are called fluorite and they come in various colors and we were blessed enough to find some...the funny part was having to haul it back to our truck....it was a mile up hill and everyone was weighed down with rocks.  J had what I quantified as rock baby....his haul was the size of a basketball and probably weighed close to 20 pounds....HA!

I think I'm going to weigh myself tonight.....I'm feeling decently skinny today and it's time to see if I have made more progress.  Wish me luck....


No comments: