Sunday, March 9, 2014

It's been awhile.....

So much has happened since I posted last August.....I don't even know where to start.... Let's make it short and sweet and then refocus on what I'm trying to do with this thing at this point in my life. 

H moved out after turning 18 in September. We bought her a car asked her to make the $125 monthly payments, abide by a curfew, keep her grades up, and help out around the house....well that didn't happen....I know we are crazy huh? We are so unreasonable asking such outlandish things. All I can say is WHATEVER!!!! A statement I heard routinely in my house up until the time she disembarked from our home. Regardless I am heartbroken that she chose what I believe to be the hard road on Strife Avenue....ugh... 
 
Christmas came and went.....it was honestly a nightmare this year I just wasn't feeling it....everything that happened with H just made it difficult. To top it all off we went to Missoula for Thanksgiving and came home and my beloved cat of 11 years was clearly sick....jaundiced....and not eating...I did end up saving him though but it was three weeks of force feeding him and a lot of praying. Regardless he's still here and I'm pretty thankful for that. 

So on to more happy news! My Christmas gift from J was the go ahead to get this tummy tuck I have been wanting for 9 years. So as of this moment it's scheduled for April 22! I'm super excited yet scared but know that in my heart of hearts it's time. I took pictures of myself to send to my Dr and all I can say was that it was super tough to see it on my phone in hardcore reality how much my stomach doesn't match the rest of my body. I'm trying to focus on the fact that this chapter of my life is coming to close and I'll be free and liberated from this belly soon enough. I'm nervous about the recovery as I have read numerous horror stories of woman's experiences with their tummy tuck but I'm going to stay positive and focus on the fact that my personal recovery may be completely different. Between now and the time of my surgery I'm going to try and blog about what I've been eating, what I've been doing, and what I've been feeling. It will be nice to go back and laugh at myself after all of this is done.

Also I'm going to try and do a daily post that's theme specific....

This is what I'm shooting for..... 

Make It Monday - On Monday's I'm going to share quick easy healthy recipes that we enjoy at our home (yes even your kids will eat it). 

Throwback Tuesday - On Tuesday's I'm going to pay homage to the past and take a trip down memory lane. I keep finding these things on Pinterest that make me stop reminisce about my child hood and smile. 

Winning Wednesday - On Wednesday's I'm going to post a collection of uplifting quotes, sayings, or stories I find in my travels. Gotta try and keep those good vibes up and running because what you think and what you feel affect every part of your life. Better to be positive, right? 

Thirfty Thursday - Face it we all need to be mindful of our finances and I have countless ways I do that in my home to help save money so I'm going to share.

Funny Friday - On Friday's I'm going to share funny stories or things I just find hillarious in general WARNING I have a demented sense of humor as this is what gets me through most days. 

Sinful Saturdays - I love dessert....hell I love sugar....I'm gonna share a dessert recipe every Saturday but I'm going to do my best to try and be as health conscientious about it as I can. I consider this day somewhat of a challenge and I think I'm up for it. 

Sweaty Sundays - We own our home and with that comes a ton of projects....I love to garden... I love working on my home so the plan here is to share with you some of the things we have done around our home and things we plan to do around our home. 

That's all for now....kind of a tall order I'm putting on myself but I feel more centered and at ease when I'm writing. 

Have a great Sunday everyone! 

Christina 

No comments: